Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Fruits of Our Labor

I don't know why, but for some reason today I feel like posting on my blog. Don't pass out, my 3 blog followers. It's going to be ok.

Also, for some reason, I'm feeling somewhat nostalgic. I was thinking today that it was EIGHTEEN years ago that I graduated from junior high. Where on earth did that time go? I mean, I still look and feel exactly like I did 18 years ago, right?! It's been fun to reconnect with some of those junior high buddies on Facebook. And it's interesting, too, to see who's still a brother(sister) in the gospel. I'm grateful that I have remained faithful and I'm SOOOOOOOO glad for what I know! Life is just too short to put faith aside.

I'm also feeling so grateful for my three beautiful children! The fruits of my 3 labors are amazing! It's strange to think my oldest will be starting kindergarten in the fall - but it's even stranger to think that some friends my age have kids starting/or already in junior high! I'm certainly far from the perfect mother, but days like today make me think that sometimes I'm a pretty ok mom! Corman didn't even tell me today that I broke his heart. Certainly an improvement from yesterday! I've really taken a look at how I spend each day with my kids, and more and more I want to put the work aside and play with my kids! Dishes will still be there tomorrow (oh, speaking of dishes, I need to run the dishwasher!), but my kids won't be kids forever! So today we played on my bed for a long time and I got a great workout playing airplane with Corman, Cecelia and briefly with Lincoln. Ah, the joys! I'm also so grateful to know that my kids are mine FOREVER! Ah. See? I'm grateful for what I know!

Finally, I've always been amazed by my own mother who has done so much throughout her life. I wondered for years why she gardened so much and loved all that she has done in her garden. I've certainly benefited with numerous amounts of produce! So now I've finally gotten the love for yard and gardens like she has. Well, maybe not quite so grandiose, but still a good start. Tonight I picked an entire colander FULL of strawberries, and I only picked half the patch. My back was KILLING me after that - ok, fine. I don't feel like I did 18 years ago in jr. high! You caught me! I'm watching my peas get almost ready to pick, the sugar snap peas are doing great, I transplanted about 50 bulbs.... I love the feeling I get when I can reap the benefits of the fruit of my labor! It feels GREAT!

And with that, I will leave this blog for another month (or five).

1 comment:

Alejandra said...

Char! I love your post. I wish sooo badly I could taste your strawberries! Take care!