Saturday, January 17, 2009

I have a blog??

A dear friend of mine just reminded me that I have a blog. Then I realized that blog is glob spelled backwards. Then I thought, "Gee, I should have named my blog something like The Johnson Glob Blog." But, seeing as only 5 people have ever read my blog, I'll just leave it like it is and give you some more jabberings. My New Year's gift to the world. More Charlene blogging. Globbing. It's late.

Where to start. This week was interesting. We've all been coughing up lungs (you should have SEEN how big Jason's was!), Cecelia almost broke Lincoln's nose, and we regressed on potty training. On the positive note, I can't help but be amazed by the pure innocence of childhood.

Take, for example, Corman. 5. Boy. Corman watches 19-year-old girl eat waffles with us. He says, "You better stop eating. You're going to get a tummy ache." Let us all hope and pray he grows out of noticing how much girls eat by the time he's 16!

Then, there's Cecelia. 3. Girl. We read a Noah's Ark book earlier this week, and of course, as in most Noah's Ark books, animals are drawn in pairs. When I asked her what a certain pair of animals were, she excitedly said, "Those are snails. Hey, SNAILS! I have those in my hair!" I was stumped. I really DO wash her hair, not with beer (a great snail bait), but she's clean and generally well kempt. Then the little light went on above her head as she said with a sheepish smirk, "Oh wait, SNARLS." Oh my goodness. I busted a gut. I think she might have been hurt for a minute, thinking I was laughing at her, but who wouldn't?? SNAILS in her hair!!! I quickly and lovingly explained that I was simpy laughing because she is so darn cute. And if that ain't the truth, nothing is.

Finally, my little Lincoln. 10 months. Boy. Jason and I had gone to the temple with my nephew one morning and left the kids with a babysitter. (She's great!) When we got home a few hours later, Lincoln literally ATTACKED me with hugs and great big gargantuan slobbery, open-mouth kisses. I've never felt so loved (and somehow I don't mind getting slobbered on by that little boy - but don't give Jason any ideas!)!

Ah yes, the innocence and perfect love of children. Moments like these make you think the near broken noses, potty regressions and telling a girl to stop eating in case of a tummy ache - are all worth it.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh Charlene! I think that my girls have "snails" in their hair all the time then! I love your blog, even if you don't post all the time. Welcome to my world :)

Emilee said...

oh, good! they worked now! good work lady!