Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our Heartbreaker!

Today I'm highlighting our little blue eyed, blond hair heartbreaker, Lincoln. When I think of the classic little boy, my 2-year-old pops into mind. I have to brag here - he is SO CUTE!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little tyke, and he's so much fun to be around and to simply watch. He's just now starting to talk a lot, and the things that come out of his mouth melt my heart!

For example:
After a more difficult than usual trip to Target, and after his mean mother (that's me!) wouldn't let Lincoln have any toys at the store, we returned to our beloved minivan, where I remarked to him that it was a nice day. Scowling with all he could muster, he yelled at me, "MEAN DAY!"

On the flip side, another nice day, when we were putting jammies on before bedtime, he said to me, "Mom, nice day EVER!"
Then there's the way he says the title of a favorite movie, "The Little Rascals." Lincoln hasn't quite figured out how to start a word with the "r" sound or sticking a hard "c" in the middle of a word, and it comes out sounding more like ...."Little A**holes..." Good thing he's little, otherwise I'd wash his mouth out with soap!

Recently, he's surprised us by taking upon himself the task of garbage boy. Anytime he sees garbage in the wastebasket in our bedroom, he'll take it out and dump it in our big kitchen garbage. I don't care what anyone says, but a barely 2-year-old who will do that without being asked - well, that sure makes me feel like a good mom!

He also makes me feel like a million bucks when he comes up behind me and gives me a huge back hug, or when he looks at me, smiles, and says, "Mom, pretty."

He's got one of the most expressive faces I've ever seen, he's got a great wink, which I have yet to catch on camera. I also love the way he runs, he puts his all into it - which he does with everything.
Lincoln, I love you!

No comments: